Tuesday 26 January 2016

I stitch because...

Sometimes I stitch
for pure pleasure
and sometimes I stitch
for comfort.
When I think about it though...
it's always
for pleasure,
but there are times
when my stitching takes me to another place,
my own little world,
where I don't have to think
too much
about what's going on
in the real one.


My real world at the moment
is mostly good
and mostly happy
but this past week
has shown me that side of
human nature
that I just
do not understand.
People with no morals,
no decency
and not a shred of honesty.
In retail you come across these people
from time to time,
but currently I am dealing with an overload
of them...


So I stitch to distract.
The rhythm of the needle,
thinking about the next stitches,
what they will be
and where they will go.
It's very soothing
to a brain that is fully
overloaded :)


 I've been enjoying stitching
tiny little things...
a few stitches,
a few buttons and
a scrap of lace...


Never like to throw away fabric
that has stitching potential
and this definitely had potential :)
Bit of an oopsie with pasta sauce
on a place mat left me with
a tomato stain that
wasn't going anywhere :)
So after a good wash
and press
it has turned out to be
the most beautiful
texture...


...and sooo nice to stitch on...


I'm thinking that the others may never
grace the table again,
as I do believe I
need
them for my stitching :)


I am sure I'm not the only one
to use stitching
as a wee escape
from the real world:)
It works,
and it works even better
with chocolate on the side :)

What's your escape?

See you
Jenny
xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful stitches as always Jenny! I also find sewing very relaxing and a lovely escape when needed! Have a lovely week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project you are working on Jenny. Sorry to hear though that this week has been a bit tough. My vice too is to pick up needle and thread. How would we survive without this creative ahd enjoyable hobby. Happy stitching my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching and I know what you mean. Stitching can help relax us and take us away from the 'real' world for a little time to help heal our hearts and minds... keep the lovely blog posts coming.. they give me comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right Jenny. Stitching of any kind soothes the soul and can take you into places and times where days were better and filled with sunshine. Where people appreciated others, and the stresses managed to turn into dandelion heads and lightly blow away. Hope the days become sunny soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seeing your stitching would brighten everyone's day. Don't get stressed, think about things another way, you have the talent and imagination and your stitching takes you into a world of wonder. Those people that you are dealing with don't have that special something, which is quite sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching and watching an easy series on TV or listening to an audible book, does it for me, to ease my mind and come to terms with the things that worry me or make me sad. We are so lucky to stitch (o:

    ReplyDelete