Wednesday 13 January 2016

...I stitch...

I've been thinking about blogging again
for a while now
so this could be the beginning
of new beginnings :)
I love to stitch...
it's in the blood,
and it just doesn't feel right
when I don't stitch.
You know that feeling?

And photos...
love taking photos.
Thank goodness for digital!!
Am a complete and utter amateur
but it's so much fun.

Last summer
I went to France...
by far and away the best adventure yet :)
My camera went everywhere with me,
thousands of pictures,
and memories.

And I took my stitching
 because
 I couldn't imagine not stitching
for four months:)
Before leaving home I decided
that instead of writing a journal
I would stitch one.


So I took a little bag of stitchy stuff
and as we travelled along
I stitched some of my
 favourite things
and places...


...wildflowers
growing along the train tracks
in Lyon city...


...daisies and lavender...


...gorgeous bright summer flowers...


...sunshine all day long,
hot summer days and
blue blue skies...


...gardens in the grounds of old abbeys...


...herb gardens and potagers
that totally entranced me.
I spent many hours in these gardens,
just wandering between the beds
taking dozens of photos,
reading up on all the plants,
some of which were familiar
 and others that were not...


As the seasons changed autumn crept into
the fields and forests...


...bright rose hips were everywhere,
covering the hillsides,
little red gems...



I have not finished my journal,
and to be honest,
I'm in no rush to do that
'cos every time I pick it up to add 
a few more stitches,
I'm back in France
and that's a good place to be:)

So I thought it would be nice to blog again,
cos it's nice to write words...
and its nice to think about 
the words that you want to write:)
And...
 it's going to be really nice
to catch up on lots of other
gorgeous stitchy blogs.

I have so many unfinished projects to finish,
and so many I want to start,
that I may have to give up work
to stitch :)

Maybe blogging about stitching
and stuff
might encourage me to finish them:)
Chances are it wont make the slightest
bit of difference
but does it matter:)
That's my happy place
and
so I will stitch :)

Jenny xx


17 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back.
    Beautiful words and gorgeous stitching, show what a lovely person you are and how much joy you have in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Darlene - it's lovely to be back and you are so very very kind :)xx

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to be able to keep experiencing your trip with you once again, personally I can't wait. You are so dedicated to your stitching and it always amazes me where you find the time to fit in life as well as stitching and blogging. I really do think you should write a book Jenny as you have the most wonderful way to use descriptive words and put them into "life". I am definitely in awe. Welcome home, you are making me think twice about blogging again. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb - thank you so much for your kindness - I am not sure I'm clever enough for the book idea, but what an adventure that would be :) - I definitely think you should start blogging again - with no pressure - it's really nice to be back :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely that you are blogging again... love your posts, your pictures and your stitching...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra - that's so very kind - it's nice to be back :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely blog Jenny, you sent us on your journey with your words and photos. One thing I think you need to do is stitch a blue door somewhere in the journal, also agree with Deb you should think about a book. Your photography is stunning no it would be amazing to not only read about it but see all the beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hylda - am working on that blue door :) Such kind words - am a total amateur at the photography thing but it really is a lot of fun :) xx

      Delete
  5. Such delightful stitching that brings you peace. Nice to have you back in the bloggy world. We need more yummy kiwi blogs to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...stitching is very good for the soul... thank you Leeanne...it's nice to be back :)

      Delete
  6. A great blog Jenny, looking forward to reading more blogs from you. yourjournal is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* ... I never get enough of seeing your work Jenny you are such an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly Miche'le - you are so incredibly kind with your comments :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Welcome back, Jenny. Very happy to see you here. Now I can finally share your link with people who don't have instagram or Facebook (o:
    And as you already know I LOVE your work.
    PS: I have planned to blog more again too and have already done this 3 times this year. I impress myself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post Jenny! Your journal is so beautiful... what a treasure to have! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you again Jenny. Soooo look forward to seeing more of your beautiful stitching and journaling. Hugs Shirley

    ReplyDelete